A Great Source of Iron for Pregnancy – Dried Apricots!
In autumn or winter period of bad weather human organism becomes weakened and unprotected. It needs the supportive nutrition enriched with vitamins and minerals.
Fruits and vegetables are desirable but you know how difficult is it to find something really useful for your health on the counters of shops. Those fruits that were imported from abroad practically their wholesome properties in the process of chemical treatment.
Moreover, such fruits and vegetables are often gathered unripen for preventing the risks of spoilage upon delivery. As a result, foreign crops don`t have enough time to be filled with vitamins. Nothing of this kind happens with dried fruits. They finely hold all the useful substances, vitamins and microelements.
As a rule, dried fruits don`t contain flavor enhancers and, consequently, they are more harmless. Among the plentiful varieties of dried fruits one should pay special attention to dried apricots. This product is fruits of apricot tree – dried on the sunshine and unpitted.
As for vitamins, dried apricots can`t boast of the imposing supply of vitamins, but vitamins C, A, B are comprise in the structure of these sweet dried fruits. Nevertheless, the quantity of minerals exceeds those contain in other fresh fruits – calcium, magnesium, phosphor, potassium and iron.
What are the benefits of eating dried apricots during pregnancy?
There are some indisputable pluses:
- Specialists notice that dried apricots are remarkable because of the great amount of containing iron it contains. Only 100 g dried apricots can replace special medicaments with iron. The level of containing iron and magnesium contain is so high, that dried dainty can be used not merely for prophylaxis but for effective treatment of anemia.
- Calcium provides the fetus with proper development of bones; potassium is good for forming of muscles.
- If pregnant woman has some problems with her stool, dried apricots will be good helpers. Not without reason they have a fame of efficient purgative remedy.
- It is not a secret that an expecting mother often wants to pamper herself with something sweet and delicious. But being sane, pregnant woman won`t eat chocolate, ice-creams and sweets every day, because these are bad products for her health. Sweetness of useful dried apricots – that is the right choice! Mothers-to-be will get a lot of pleasure and extra support for the immune system while eating these natural delicacies.
- Dried apricots are also known for their diuretic properties which can be opportunely used for the treatment of swellings druing pregnancy time.
- Expecting mothers for whom the consumption of sugar is forbidden, can replace the sugar by dried apricots. Natural sugars are contained in them – glucose and fructose are harmless.
- Five dried apricots a day is a sufficient portion to assist in supporting the heart, general purification of blood, treatment of the diseases of kidneys and thyroid.
- Many pregnant women face to problems with teeth, skin, hair, nails during the period of childbearing. Regular including of dried apricots in your diet helps you to avoid of losing your looks during pregnancy.
- Compotes and decoctions made from dried apricots can be irreplaceable lifesavers in cases when pregnant women suffer from symptoms of toxemia or heartburn.
Are there any contraindications?
Taking these facts into consideration, we can see that expecting mothers can take out many benefits while eating dried apricots. This product is health-giving if to consume at reasonable amounts.
Pregnant women should not eat more than 100 g. dried apricots a day as overeating can cause diarrhea.
If you add dried apricots to your food accurately, this product will be wholesome for you.
Compotes, porridges, salads – dried apricots harmonize with various products!
Ways of using dried apricots are varies. You can make tasty compotes, kissels and decoctions with dried apricots, prunes, dried apples or pears and grated zest. Adding some appetizing and satisfying dried apricots to your bakery will make it particularly delicious and aromatic. Dried apricots csn perfectly be combined with beef or poultry as well.
Recipe of nice porridge with pumpkin and dried apricots
- 2 glasses of water,
- 0,5 glass of millet,
- 800 g pumpkin,
- 1,5 tablespoon of butter,
- 4-5 tablespoons of dried apricots, soaked,
Cut your pumpkin in large pieces. Put them in the saucepan and add water. Cook, until the pumpkin is half-prepared. And then add the millet, continue to cook until the millet is prepared. Then mash and mix together the pumpkin and millet with a spoon. After that add the soaked dried fruits, butter, salt and sugar and mix once again. Enjoy yourself! It is an ideal variant for a proper breakfast.
Compote with dried apricots
- 1 glass of dried apricots, sliced,
- 0,5 glass of raisins,
- 0,5 glass of finelychopped walnuts,
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice,
- 1,5 glasses of fresh orange juice,
- 2 tablespoon of natural honey.
Bring the lemon juice, orange juice and honey and allow them to boil, then add apricots and raisins in a middle-sized saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer just until they become soft and a little syrupy, about 10 – 15 minutes. Do not overcookthem or they will dissolve.
You want to still have definition in your fruit. Remove apricots and raisins with a slotted spoon and allow sauce for about 2 minutes to thicken. Remove from heat and add apricots, raisins, and walnuts back to sauce. Serve warm or chilled. Excellent vitaminic drink for expecting mother!
Secrets of choosing right dried apricots
When you choose dried apricots watch them well, they must not have any scents of cobweb or mold. Good dried apricots are clear, without black spots and not rigid.
Avoid of buying dried delicacies of unnaturally bright yellow or orange colors – they are surely treated with colorants. Store your dried fruits in an air-tight container in a dark and dry place.
Dried apricots have great variety of precious elements and important minerals. That is why moms-to-be should give preference to this product. Wonderful sour-sweet deep taste will please you and make your meal particularly not only tasty but salutary.
See the inaccuracy, incomplete or incorrect information? Do you know how to make an article better?
Want to suggest a photo for a photo?
Please help us make the site better! Leave a message and your contacts in the comments - we will contact you and make the publication better together!