Dates – oriental dessert during pregnancy
Dates are fruits which grow on the date palm and have remarkably long history of cultivation – thousands of years.
Supposedly, this fruit is originated from Iraq or nearby territories. It got spread in the lands around and in ancient times dates were the staple food in the Middle East. Date palms were cultivated as crops in many countries and these sweet nutritious fruits were widely used for food and wine producing.
- Dates – when sweetness becomes salutory
- Delicacy with number of benefits for moms-to-be
- Can these candied fruits be contraindicated?
- Recipes for pregnancy menu
- One more interesting and original recipe is bacon-wrapped dates filled with almonds
- Date and banana shake
- Buying dates choose the fruits of fine quality
Thick syrup prepared from ripe dates was a good substance for anti-leaking coating of leather products. Soaked date seeds can be given to domestic animals and date oil seed is rather a popular component for many cosmetic procedures. People found an application for even such a seemingly usefulness thing as stripped fruit clusters – they were used as brooms! So, we can see how universal this amazing plant can be for human needs.
Dates – when sweetness becomes salutory
Dates usually have oval-cylindrical shape, they are small (3–7 cm long) and have only one seed. Ripe date`s color varies from deep red to bright yellow depending on its sort.
These dessert fruits which came to us through centuries are loved and eaten with pleasure all over the world. They are not only sweet knick-knack for children – numerous scientific researches confirmed unique healthy qualities of dates.
For example, date fruits contain a lot of dietary potassium as well as protein, fiber, boron, cobalt, copper, magnesium, manganese, selenium, zinc. This richness in elements makes this delicacy a fine choice for everyday diet.
Delicacy with number of benefits for moms-to-be
What are the benefits of eating a date fruit during pregnancy? The distinctive feature of dates is they include about 23 amino acids, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, folic acid as well as needed in labor pains oxytocin.
In addition to this date fruit contain vitamins A, C, B, more than 50% fructose and large amount of protein which does not usually comprise of fruits.
We can list advantages of dates when pregnant infinitely, these are some of them:
- Dates react well on pregnant woman`s immune system. These fruits assist in strengthening bones, eye muscles and teeth; they also provide cell regeneration and give moms-to-be energy. Calming effect of dates is well-known too, it is closely connected with the great amount of fructose containing in bright fruits.
- Folic acid is of great importance for growing baby, because it is needed for cell generation and division during natal development.
- Record containing of potassium helps in oxygen delivery to the brain, which prevents nausea in the first trimester of childbearing. And one must not underestimate potassium`s action on expecting mother`s heart functioning. This element means a lot, particularly during pregnancy.
- Tasty dates are the source of iron too. Surely, you know that without certain quantity of iron your hemoglobin indicators can`t be good.
- These fruits can be useful for pressure decrease.
- They also can be irreplaceable in prophylaxis of osteoporosis and fragility of bones. Calcium and phosphor reply for forming of healthy and strong locomotorium system of the developing fetus.
- Kidneys are organs which are subjected to hard loads during pregnancy and eating dates have on them salutary influence due to large amounts of magnesium. You need only 2-3 dates a day to satisfy organism`s need in this element.
- Using dates helps in strengthening of uterus muscles.
- It also provides riddance of swelling.
- Regular consumption of dates facilitates the uterine contractions during labors, increases quantity of breast milk and helps in parturient recovery – through containing oxytocin.
Can these candied fruits be contraindicated?
Are date fruits good for pregnancy? Speaking about side effects and contraindications, one should stress that this product has not negative actions on pregnant women. But remember, that dates are high calorie food and eating them too much will inevitably affect your figure. If you want to control your weight and want to look fit, don`t overeat!
Excessive consumption of these fruits is contraindicated for pregnant with digestive problems. The fact is dates are rich in fiber and in enormous quantities can be harmful.
Recipes for pregnancy menu
People eat dates both fresh, without culinary preparation, having washed them well and use sweet fruits for various dishes. Dried dates are filled with nuts, candied fruit and butter. They can also be used for kissel, stewed fruit and pastry. Sometimes dates are even added for recipe of non-alcoholic champagne.
One more interesting and original recipe is bacon-wrapped dates filled with almonds
For 6 portions you need:
- 24 Marcona almonds, toasted,
- 24 dried dates without seeds,
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon, cut in half.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Fill all dates with almonds. Then wrap each fruit in slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick through the date not running into the nut in the middle.
- Put your stuffed and wrapped dates on the baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, turning them over after 10 minutes will be over, until the bacon is fully cooked and crispy. Cooking time varies depending on bacon qualities.
This dish is substantial and a delicious treat. It is a suitable variant for family picnic as well.
Date and banana shake
If you prefer light fruit cocktails, this recipe with dates surely will be to your taste.
- 1/4 cup dates,
- 1/2 banana,
- 1 cup milk,
- 4 ice-cubes.
Soak the dates in warm milk for 15 minutes. After that mix the soaked fruits, banana and milk using your blender. Add to your cocktail ice-cubs and serve the drink out of hand.
This shake is a wonderful morning drink, especially in your first trimester when you may have lost your appetite as a result of toxemia. This perfect revitalizer will provide you and your child with calcium, protein and iron.
Buying dates choose the fruits of fine quality
Some measures of precaution are necessary to follow when you buy dates.
- Choose only ripe and uniformly colored fruits without defects and mold. One should remember that only properly dried and ripe enough dates keep all beneficial properties.
- Scald the fruits with boiling water before use.
- Store your dates in the airtight container.
In the end it`s worth to emphasize once again, that dates are very valuable product for pregnancy diet.
Childbearing is a period when an expecting mother is responsible for good development of her baby inside and must include salutary and rich in vitamins food in everyday menu. Dates are deserved to take pride of place in your kitchen.
See the inaccuracy, incomplete or incorrect information? Do you know how to make an article better?
Want to suggest a photo for a photo?
Please help us make the site better! Leave a message and your contacts in the comments - we will contact you and make the publication better together!