A Natural Treasure – Dried Prune During Pregnancy
Prunes are exquisitely delicious dainty both dried and fresh; moreover, they are fruits of great nutritional and healthy value.
Prunes or French plums can be eaten out of hand after you gathered them, pleasing you with its juiciness and sour-sweet bright taste. Besides, these fruit look very attractively being fresh – they are of deep reddish-purple color, oval-shaped, mouth-watering.
- Prunes – natural treasure for your health
- How can prunes help during pregnancy?
- Beneficial recipes with French plumsIngredients for a dessert
Dried prunes are also loved by people of all ages, it`s a case when human organism prompts what to eat – this sweet snack energizes us and gives us a number of important microelements to support our health.
Prunes – natural treasure for your health
What are the prunes? There is an opinion that each dried plum can be called in this way. Really, there are plum cultivars cultivated for making dried fruits and plum varieties planted for eating raw.Prunes are often used in culinary for preparing as sweet desserts so as savory dishes. They are added in fruit kissels, compotes, meat courses, salads.
People use French plums for wine production and other drinks as well. For many years these dark purple fruits had a fame of strong anti-constipating remedy and most Americans connect jokes and funny associations with the word “prunes”.
That is why many distributors prefer not to use this word and replace it by “dried plums”. What else besides anti-constipating properties can prunes offer you? Medical specialists and fans of ethno-medicine are sure about numerous curative effects of eating prunes. According to the results of scientific research made by a Mexican doctor, prunes can stop caries and gingivits.
These plums contain special antibacterial substances, which slow down the growth of bacteriums leading to oral diseases. Prune`s structure includes large quantity of vitamin E, PP, C, B. Moreover it is rich in such elements as iron, potassium, magnesium, copper, sodium, phosphor, zinc and other minerals. Pectins, fructose, fiber, proteins and carbohydrates are useful elements that are also comprised in prunes. From organic acids we can find in these purple fruits citric acid, oxalic acid, malic acid.
Due to high present of polyphenols, prunes improve the condition of walls of blood vessels and cardiovascular system. Scientists for large amount of antioxidants – substances that beat free radicals and cancer cells, also appreciate these sweet fruit. For good results people are recommended to eat some prunes a few times a day. It is worth considering that the quantity of antioxidants in French plums is larger than that in figs and dates.High food value of prunes and imposing stock of beneficial vitamins and microelements makes prunes perfect choice for well-balanced proper nutrition.
How can prunes help during pregnancy?
Are prunes good for pregnancy? Due to its enriched structure, prunes consumed in limited amounts make a positive effect on digestive, immune, circulatory systems of expecting mother.
Are prunes good for constipation during pregnancy? Being diuretic and cholagogic, prunes assists in removing swellings, which spoil happy days of pregnancy.
What are the health benefits of eating a dried prune during pregnancy? In addition to the above-mentioned, this product can be a lifesaver in the following cases:
- Being anti-constipating prunes helps in problems with stool and optimizes intestines functions. Many pregnant women have to cure constipation as it slowly poisons weakened organism of mom-to-be. A few prunes every day and this health disorder will disappear.
- It optimizes liquid balance as well.
- Prunes facilitate getting rid of overweight. Tasty and sweet, no doubt. But it has law glycemic index – 29. For comparison, sugar`s index is 70. Taking into account a standard portion (4-5 plums), consuming prunes you`ll get no more than 40 calories. These snacks reduce the cholesterol level and sugar level in blood. Being very satisfying prunes help you to eat less and keep fit without painful efforts.
- These sweet fruits improve your skin and complexion. They set off general purification of organism and it primarily will be reflected in your appearance. Include prunes in your diet and receive compliments to your good look.
- Prunes are good companions in fighting against anemia and avitaminosis. They are real natural vitamin treasures! Generous gift from nature to you and your baby!
- Through the significant supply of natural sugar eating prunes will provide you with energy, cheerfulness and good mood. The question about expecting mother`s emotional state becomes extremely acute during pregnancy when being under hormonal changing and attacks of toxemia woman feels tearfulness and nervousness. Appetizing and delicious prunes helps in normalizing of psychological impression.
There are no strict contraindications connected with prunes, but pregnant women who suffer from obesity or diabetes should refrain from regular consumption or limit it to some extent. Sense of measure is an important factor and another one, not less significant, is your right choice.Fruits which were cultivated with chemicals can be dangerous for fetus and for the mother`s general condition. That is why in any case you should wash the prunes, dried or fresh.
Beneficial recipes with French plums
If you want to know some methods of healing prunes using, this information may be interesting for you:
- For constipation
Mix together 0,5 glass of lemon juice and 1 glass of prunes infusion. Take it in the morning on an empty stomach during an hour.
One more variant of laxative – wash your prunes and pour on them a glass of boiling water. Let it to be infused for 8-9 hours. After that you may drink the infusion and eat the fruits.
- For hypertension
Soak 4 prunesfor 5 minutesinhotwater. Then finely chop your prunes and add the product to dry black tea. After that brew your tea and let it to be infused for 15 minutes. You`ll have a very flavorous and tasty tea which reduces blood pressure.
If you want to pamper yourself with a delicious amazing dessert, you should try Prune and Chocolate tart. The combination of soft sweetness of prunes and chocolate never fails to please.
Ingredients for a dessert
For the delicious filling:
- 160 g prunes without pits, cut into quarters,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 50 ml boiling water,
- 75 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces,
- 130 ml double cream,
- 200 g mascarpone,
- 2 free-range medium eggs, beaten.
For the chocolate pastry:
- 180 g plain flour,
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar,
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder,
- 100 g cold unsalted butter, cut into roughly 1cm/ ½ in dice,
- 1 free-range egg, yolk only,
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice,
- 2 tablespoon cold water.
How to prepare:
First, put the prunes and vanilla in a bowl. Pour on the boiling water and leave for soaking for a few hours.
To make the pastry, mix the flour, icing sugar and cocoa together. Add the diced butter and rub it in accurately until the mass is smooth. Mix the egg yolk with the lemon juice and water.
Use a table knife to work the liquid into the flour. Add more water if it is necessary. When the dough begins to stick together, form it into a ball. Wrap the pastry in cling film and put in the fridge to rest for 15-20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200 C. Put out the tart on a lightly floured baking sheet. Cover the pastry with foil, after that stuff it with baking beans.
Baking time is 15 minutes, and then put away the parchment and baking beans. Set it back to the oven for 8 minutes or until the pastry looks dry. The combination of two deep tastes will make your bakery sophisticated and aromatic. Enjoy yourself!
In conclusion one should emphasize that the advantages of eating prunes must be appreciated deservedly – such a supply of nutrients and minerals rarely can be found in one product.Choose to include per day 4-5 fresh or dried French plums in your pregnancy menu and the results will surely please you.